Monday, November 12, 2012

Menu Monday: Week Two

It's been a long week around here. I got super busy putting in some projects for a Design Team call and neglected my blog mid-week last week. I thought of posting on the weekend, but with all the snow we received it made our errands more difficult and draining than usual and I just didn't find the time.


SO let's get a fresh start this morning! On to this weeks Menu monday! This one is brought to you by my husband who volunteered to menu plan this week.

Tofu Makhani

At our house Indian Food is comfort food. It's aromas fill our house on many occasions because we love it so much! This particular recipe is an easy one to get your feet wet with. The only ingredient I have had a hard time finding is the Fenegrek Leaves, and you can find those online on Amazon for a decent price. This is the ultimate in sweet and savory, deliciousness. It is even better with paneer, so if you have some on hand, or are lucky enough to know how to make it I suggest going that route. Perhaps there will be a tutorial on making paneer in the near future.


Adult Grilled Cheese

We made our own variation on this lovely sandwich. Ours contained Sharp white Cheddar instead of fresh mozzarella (though if I had had the time we would have made some fresh mozzarella, that stuff is amazing!!), and thinly sliced tomatoes instead of the pepperoni. Served on sourdough bread with some tomato soup these were a perfect choice for a cold snowy day!

 

Black Bean and Guac Burritos

These beauties come from the blog Naturally Ella. I just discovered this blog, but the multitude of delicious recipes means I will likely be making some more of her wonderful food. Obviously my husband was in an Avocado mood this week as he chose recipes! I won't complain, I love the little green fruits! And with the large ones on sale for .80 each this week I am thrilled!

 

Butternut Squash Lasagna

This is the most addictive lasagna I have ever had! No delicious you won't even notice that there aren't ANY of the traditional lasagna elements in it (except lasagna noodles of course!) The butternut squash is the perfect fall filling for lasagna, and when paired with yummy fresh basil the depth of flavors in this one are amazing. If you only try on recipe I post ever this is the one I suggest. You will not regret it. Thank you Batter Licker for a wonderful family favorite! 

 

Pizza Puffs 

Last but not least, a sure hit with the kids, Pizza puffs from Lick the Bowl Good. I don't know about you, but anything that is snack sized gets a great review with my kids. They love food made on their scale! And if you give them something to dip it in than you have a sure fire winner! These will be made at my house this week, with the adaptation of mushrooms instead off pepperoni (though I am sure my kids would eat the pepperoni up!) I suspect I will be hailed as the greatest mommy ever on the night these are served, and that much pasta sauce will end up all over my children.


So there you have it! Some menu Inspiration for this week! Let me know if you try any of them, and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment